Working on the stairs can be tricky. And it gets even trickier if you need to balance yourself and hold things in hand for hanging decorations for interior improvement.
This is where an adjustable ladder for stairs comes into the picture.
These adjustable ladders can be altered in their structure to suit the stairs you are working on.
An adjustable ladder for stairs can be of big help for painting and designing ceilings. If you want to grab a few photo albums from the attic, just take the help of any adjustable ladder help.
Any kind of adjustable ladder for stairs is really useful and resourceful in homes, offices, construction sites, complexes and incorporates.
Whatever the use may be an adjustable ladder will make itself reliable to get the work done. You can fix one end to the step and hang your favorite portrait or alter the length of the ladder to paint your walls.
7 Best Adjustable Ladder For Stairs
|Image||Name||Weight||Check Best Price|
|Little Giant Adjustable Step Ladder||34.5 Pounds|
|Cosco 18 feet Telescoping Ladder||32 Pounds|
|Little Giant Ladder with Ratcheting Levelers||38.5 Pounds|
|OrienTools Aluminum Multi-Purpose Ladder||34.8 Pounds|
|Toprung Aluminum Extension Multi-Purpose Ladder||34.5 Pounds|
|Little Giant Dark Horse M17 Ladder||39 Pounds|
|Vulcan 17Ft Multi-Task Ladder||32.2 Pounds|
What Exactly Is An Adjustable Ladder?
Any ladder that can be altered in its physical appearance for adjusting to the surface is called an adjustable ladder.
It is a non-self-supporting portable extension that has the ability to balance itself on stairs and on uneven surfaces.
It not only balances itself; it also balances the person using it by providing safety rails and a few ladders even have padded steps.
An adjustable ladder for stairs helps in decorating your home. May it be a corner high up on the wall or for arranging your new beautiful curtains, the adjustable ladder sure it comes in handy.
It isn’t safe for aged individuals to be climbing on a ladder on the stairs. But adjustable ladders will make the task easy.
7 Best Adjustable Ladder For Stairs
Here is the list of the best adjustable ladder that you can buy to use on stairs. All the ladder is the list is very durable and flexible in terms of usage. Not just stairs but you can use them on other uneven surfaces as well.
The little giant ladder is comfortable for standing on any type of surface or platform. It is safe to use on the stairs; the ladder is the one for you if you are looking for a safe bet.
The lightweight ladder is easily portable and it is easy to handle as well.
The feet of this ladder are adjustable making it safe to use on stairs and uneven surfaces. It is not heavy which makes it a handy carry around the house.
The aluminum-built ladder is quite strong and can withstand weight up to 300 pounds.
This ladder comes with an Airdeck work station with handrails, which provides extra stability. It also eliminates the feeling of vertigo while standing on the top of the ladder.
Now, you can focus on your work without fearing about losing balance. No more fear of falling down anymore.
The 35.4 pounds weight ladder has a changeable base that helps in adjusting the legs of the ladder and it can fit just right on any stairs.
This ladder can be used indoors and also outdoors. The flexibility and the ease you will feel while you use it makes it a safe bet.
Item weight: 35.4 pounds
Product dimensions: 8.5 x 27.5 x 73 inches
Rung size: Single section
Warranty: Limited lifetime and is reliable
- The strong aluminum built is strong to withstand a lot of weight
- Can be used on any type of stairs
- It comes with a workstation that makes working on it easier.
- Quite expensive but it is a reasonable price for all the works it gets done.
- Not recommended for kids, pregnant women and aged individuals.
- Bit heavy
The Telescoping multi-position ladder is a convenient ladder for any task. It works in more than one way. It works as a step ladder, extension ladder, and a wall ladder.
The stable and secure ladder is easily convertible and portable.
The ladder is a patented hinge design and has large spring locking levers that make the ladder easily hand able and safety isn’t a concern with this ladder. The legs base is firm and the rungs are slip-resistant.
The ladder doesn’t need any installations and the setup is quite simple, the aluminum yellow type 1A colored ladder has a one-year limited warranty and is just 32 pounds.
This Cosco ladder just fits almost everywhere on stairs and it easily converts to any position without tools and folds flat for storage.
Item weight: 32 pounds
Product dimensions: 7.7 x 23 x 54.9 inches
Color: Aluminum yellow
Warranty Description: 1-year limited warranty.
- It has a 300 lb capacity load and it is easily convertible
- The multi-position is used for multiple purposes
- The ladder can be set up with some basic knowledge about ladders
- It is just a precaution measure for the ladder to be not in water. The aluminum might get corroded.
The Little Giant ladder is the best adjustable ladder for stairs. The A-frame ladder stands at a height of 4 ft. 10 inches.
The Extension max standing height of the ladder is 11 feet with a max reach of 17 feet and 11 inches.
The ladder has two integrated ratchet levelers and extra-wide rungs with an aggressive tread and wide-flared legs.
The ratchet levelers provided are offered with leveling adjustments.
These are all safety measures incorporated in the ladder to make it a secure buy. The ladder stores in a slim 9’ storage profile at one-fourth of maximum size.
The patented Quad-Lock hinges allow for easy adjustment and eliminate spreader bars, allowing you to use your ladder over and around obstacles, fences or bushes.
It reaches the toughest areas and can be used for many purposes. Be it painting the staircases, cleaning the ceiling or hanging paintings to staircase walls.
Not just indoor use, but the ladder can be used for many outdoor purposes also.
Weight: 38.5 pounds
Dimensions: 57 x 25 x 9 inches
Included components: Tip and Glide Wheels, Trestle Brackets, Dual Ratchet Levelers
Warranty Description: Limited Lifetime Warranty
- It has wheels for transportation and meets all the OSHA and ANSI type 1A standard configurations
- It can be used by two people at once.
- It can be used to reach high spots on the ceiling for hanging up portraits.
- It can be used by a limited number of people and the storage is compromised.
- The ladder is quite heavier compared to other adjustable ladders.
The aluminum extension ladder is designed for various uses. The multi-purpose ladder reduces fatigue and foot pain as the steps are designed authentically to aid users.
The extension ladder is flexible and can be used for indoor and outdoor purposes.
The ladder can be used as an A-Frame ladder, a staircase ladder, an extension ladder, a wall ladder and also scaffold frame. It reaches a full 15 ft and has a weight of 34.5 pounds.
The balance is extremely good and the wide-flared legs design makes the ladder safer and more stable.
The ladder is built with strong aircraft-grade aluminum and can hold up to 300 pounds of weight. It is safe on concrete, wood and also bare ground.
This ladder about 4.5 ft at first but once you release the hinge locks and release the rock locks, this ladder can extend to great heights for multi-use.
Weight: 34.8 pounds
Dimensions: 55 x 19.5 x 7.3 inches
Load capacity: 300 pounds
- It can be used on many surfaces, stairs, ground and on sloped areas.
- They can be used for outdoor and indoor uses.
- The ladder should be protected from corrosion
- The ladder can be used by only a limited number of people at once.
The Toprung aluminum extension ladder is a multi-designer ladder made from high-quality aluminum. The convenient use excels with all ANSI standard configurations.
The safety it provides followed up with the comfort one feels while using it makes it the best adjustable ladder on stairs.
The multi-use ladder can be used for five purposes namely as a step ladder, extension ladder, stairway ladder, wall ladder, and scaffold frames.
It is made from aircraft-grade aluminum and can hold up to 300 lbs. It needs no prior installation and is great for storage. It is a highly recommended ladder for using on stairs.
Wider rungs for standing comfort and Slip-resistant feet make it more stable when in use. It has a 2 years warranty and puts customer satisfaction at the top the priority.
- Standard：ANSI A14.2
- Extension Height(feet): 9-15
- A-frame Height(feet): 4-7 feet
- Storage Height(feet): 4.6
- Bottom Width(feet): 1.9
- Product weight(pounds): 34.5
- Very efficient and can be used on any surface
- Very easily portable and safe
- Should be stored in a dry location to avoid corrosion
- Should be cleaned from time to time so that no dirt builds up
The little giant ladder is lighter than any other fiberglass articulating ladder. It is can be handled freely and doesn’t cause any transport-related injuries to back and shoulders.
It is very useful and prevents the user from falling off due to over-reaching. It is a wide-flared extension ladder and has good stability. The dark horse adapts to almost any situation and has a stable climbing solution.
Item Weight: 30 pounds
Product Dimensions: 10 x 28.5 x 43 inches
- It is easily portable and weightless
- It is used for multi-purposes and aids in clearing out the job at hand.
- A bit expensive
- Requires cleaning from time to time
The Vulcan ladder is a multi-task stepladder that is the most versatile ladder on earth. It has 23 possible configurations and comes with height adjustments in one-foot increments.
It can be used as a Step ladder, extension ladder, stairway ladder, wall ladder, and scaffold frames. It is having a no-pinch hinge for ease of use and safety. It adds stability with a wide base and it built from aluminon.
Item weight: 32.2 pounds
Product dimensions: 24 x 8 x 48.7 inches
Warranty: 1-year warranty
- It is one of the best and can be used for many purposes
- It comes with a 1-year warranty
- It should be kept only in dry conditions to avoid corrosion
- The hinges and locks should be dusted before every use.
Safety Tips For Using A Ladder On Stairs
Safety is always the first priority while using ladders, losing balance and breaking bones don’t look like the best scenario to end up in.
Working on stairs while using a ladder is pretty much a tough job, so here are a few safety tips.
● Every job has a different type of ladder needed to get the work done. There are telescoping ladders extension ladder, step ladders, and multipurpose ladders. Choose the right one to avoid accidents.
● Set up your ladder the right way. It is important to follow the instructions in the user manual to avoid accidents.
● Always clean the ladder, dust of the hinges and the bolts from time to time. Put away the ladder in a dry place, if it comes in contact with water for long there are chances for corrosion.
● Every ladder has its threshold point that shouldn’t be exceeded. It is advised to minimize the number of people on the ladder at once to two. Any more will pave the way to a downfall.
So, that was the list. If you are planning to paint your staircase, stairwell or for any other day to day work on the stair, get these adjustable ladders for stairs.
These ladders are flexible and can be adjusted on any kind of ladders. Also, all of them are of great quality and withstand great weight. Get one today and start working on those staircase walls with confidence.